Scion iQ or xD - can it fit a bike?

amalthia
0

Asked by Jul 31, 2013 at 08:17 AM about the 2013 Scion iQ Base

Hi, the Scion iQ looks small and I like that about it. However the only thing I would be concerned about is whether a bike could fit in there. Currently I have a Ford Focus 2-door hatchback and I pop the backseat down so that the bike extends from the trunk to the backseat. Has anyone been able to fit a bike into the Scion iQ? Does the backseat fold down? I might only be able to lease the car so I can't install a roof rack. If you're not able to fit a bike in the iQ, has anyone been able to fit one in an xD? (which looks like the next biggest size). Thank you in advance.

Fordtudor37
5,695

Why don't you take your bike to a dealership and find out ? Does your bike have the "swivel nuts" (sorry I'm not "new era" bike knowledgeable) that you can remove and re-install the front wheel easily ?

amalthia
0

Ok thanks, that might be an idea to bring the bike there. I didn't think they would let me do that because it could dirty the car up a bit but then again if they really want to sell it...

Fordtudor37
5,695

Look for one at a "Hertz" or another rental company and tell them you need to see if it fits before you "go on vacation". Bring a blanket and be careful that's all whether you go to a rental company or a new car dealership. I would go with the bigger auto in case you "make friends" and need to carry two bikes or want to carry more on your next bike trip (like a sleeping bag, cooler or small tent). Think about it, camping and biking on a "biking vacation".

amalthia
0

Thank you for the suggestion of going to a rental company also! That might be easier in a way that way I can just go there to see if the bike will fit and not have to deal with the dealership trying to sell to me. BTW I asked Scion customer service and while they can't make any comment on whether the bike would fit they said the backseat goes down and the front seat goes forward, so I'm thinking it might work but will bring the bike in person to find out.