how do I replace timing belt and water pump on 00 Dodge Neon

mark04
0

Asked by mark04 Dec 20, 2012 at 01:02 PM about the 2000 Dodge Neon 4 Dr Highline Sedan

how do I get to replacing timing belt and water pump on 2000 dodge neon what tools what to take off.

Matt Thibault
1,065

The timing belt is located under the timing cover. In order to remove the timing cover, you'll have to remove the accessories blocking the cover, including the brackets supporting the serpentine belt tensioner. The engine mount bolts through inside the passenger side front wheel well and must be removed to take off the timing cover. Support the engine with a floor jack under the oil pan, making sure to put a block of wood in between. You must do this before you remove the engine mount bolts. The upper and lower torque struts also need to be removed. The crank pulley also needs to be removed. Be sure to keep track of the keyway once the pulley comes off. My Neon doesn't have A/C, so changing the belt was a bit easier... I'm not sure what needs to be done to a car that has A/C, but there's usually a couple more steps.... Just an FYI, book time to change the belt is around 3 hours, it took me 5 hours with a hoist and professional equipment. This is not a job that I advise doing in a driveway. If you're planning on doing it, best of luck.

skimo
0

Thanks for some input I knew I had to go on the inside of the wheel but wasn't quite sure but now iI know Thanks For the Info.