Do the amount of new electronics prohibit the use of the ON or ACC features

rafalowich
55

Asked by rafalowich Nov 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM about the 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Brand new 2013 Outback with special appearance package. Brought it home Saturday and drove to a parking lot Sunday to learn the NAV, Radio, Bluetooth functions. Used the ACC and ON modes (car was not running). Car would not start after 1 hour.  Had it jump started and saw the dealer. He said the electronics draw a lot and not to use the ON or ACC modes for any length of time.  I let the car run for 2 hours and put it in the garage. Next morning - dead again. Jump started again and back to the dealer. Couldn't find anything wrong, but told me again not to use ACC or ON because of all the electronics. It is now starting OK (so far). And I haven't used ACC or ON since.
I never had a problem like this with any other car I've owned. Were they telling me the truth about the electronics and the use of ON or ACC.?
This may be a duplicate question..

SeanU
0

If your car was sitting on the lot for a while, it's reasonable to assume the battery may have had a low charge when you took it home. You probably drained what little juice was left by using the Nav without the car running. If you leave the car in the On position, certain things will run (like the Climate Control fans) that don't normally run while in the ACC position. If you want to listen to your radio with the car off, use the ACC position. Enjoy your new Subaru... its a great car!