Location of Blower Motor and Resistor for 2000 Caravan?

ChrisP4U
25

Asked by ChrisP4U Mar 03, 2008 at 12:01 PM about the 2000 Dodge Caravan Base

Could you provide details of where the Blower Motor and Resistor are located?  Also, any tips on quickest removal method?

Thanks,

Christopher

casper271
4,985

Middle/right side under the hood on the fire wall. If you get a Haynes manual, it will have pics and instructions.

31,145

I believe the resistor block is located behind the climate control head, but it may also be out near the blower motor. The Haynes manual is the best bet for a repair of this size.

You think this is helpful.
Charlie Beller
390

its under the hood on the passenger side, on the fire wall, they are very hard to get out, it has 2 metal reatining tabs that hold it to the firewall, the tabs are on the rt and left of the resistor and are hard to hget out, if you get a screw driver and pry behind it (battery disconnected and ignition key off) just pull it out cuz its bad anyway you will have to push the tabs back in on the fire wall for the new resistor to fit correctly... just a note, ususlly the wiring connector is bad also they get very hot and burn the connector, you will need a new connector, you can get a connector repair kit from your dodge dealer. make sure to solder and heat shrink your wiring connections.

You think this is helpful.
A Facebook user
655

charlie couldn't have said it better the blower motor is under the glove box on the passenger side. if the blower doesn't work at all make sure that its not just the relay under the hood in the battery junction box, or the wiring under it they corrode badly. ya know what just take it to a good shop and let them figure it out cuz it can be difficult to do.

bward1944
60

I recently had to replace the blower resistor on a 1999 Dodge Caravan. Charlie is accurate and I am amplifing his answer. In my case, I had to remove the wiper assemble to get enough room to work on the resistor. The retaining tabs as Charlie describes, are extremely hard to depress and remove the resistor. I recommend testing the blower motor and testing the new resistor before you push it into the hole in the firewall. I tested to be sure that the resistor solved the blower speed problem. I tested by partially plugging the harness plug into the resistor, reconnecting the battery, and cycling the blower speed knob through all its settings. I also cleaned the spades on the harness plug. before pushing them into the new resistor. Once the new resistor is pushed into the firewall hole, it cannot be removed without destroying the unit. I tested again after installation and before beginning the arduous task of re installing the wiper assemble. I also recommend marking the position of the wiper blades before removal from the wiper assemble. I found that the Haynes manual did not provide instructions on replacing the resistor. Good luck