The icon on the dashboard for the passenger airbag does not light. I would think that while someone is in the passenger side the icon should be illuminated. Correct?

BarbieR
0

Asked by BarbieR May 06, 2013 at 11:52 AM about the 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

Jackie Wilson
235

AccIt depends. Some passenger air bag lights in the dash for certain models only illuminate to show that the airbags are not working. In other models, the sensor can just be drunk and may miscalculate the size of the person sitting in the passenger side. The sensor might think that the person sitting in the passenger seat is too small to be safe in an accident with the airbag. I'd recommend going to your dealer and asking them about it. Best wishes! -Jackie

Jackie Wilson
235

*It depends

14,165

I think it works opposite. If no one is in the seat the passenger airbag disable light will come on telling you it is disabled because no one is sitting in the seat. Or as Jackie stated if the person sitting in the seat is too light it will disable it to prevent injury. When someone of ample weight is sitting in the seat the the passenger airbag disble light should be unlit meaning it is operational. Im talking about the little red light not the yellow light in the instrument cluster that comes on when a fault is detected.

Jackie Wilson
235

^True that

sjbuck
0

I have a new 2013 Altima and that light on the dash is right under the triangular button to press for the warning flasher. Mine only lights up if no one is sitting in the seat, If your car is a 2013 it is working OK.

Robert Lavallee
925

Nissan lights will only be on if someone is sitting there that is too small to make the airbag come on. normal operation is, seat empty light will be off, little person on seat and light is on to indicate airbag is off. big person light is off because airbag is active