Has anyone compared the Honda V6 and the Honda I4?

hankdz2
0

Asked by hankdz2 Jun 02, 2013 at 10:47 AM about the 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Specifically, I would like to know the difference between available power when accelerating from stop and for passing.
I am considering buying a new Honda Accord. I purchased a new 2006 Jeep GC. At the time I was trying to decide between the 3.7 L V6 and the 4.7 L V8. I learned the V6 couldn't accelerate quickly when entering a highway or when passing on secondary roads due to the weight of the vehicle. I opted for the V8 as a result.
I still have the same concerns regarding the selection of the correct Honda engine.
Thanks for any assistance.

119,745

I'm sure if you drive both honda's you'll want the V6 if acceleration and power are important. It is to me over MPG.

2,605

it doesn't matter who makes the engine, honda, gm, ford toyota. more cylinders means more horsepower. most V6s are quicker than I4 engines unless you modify the enigne.

hankdz2
0

I guess I need to clarify the question. Although the answers I have received were nice, and they are likely true, they have given me information I already knew, not answered my concern. I guess in a nutshell my concern is safety, not power or speed. I put the anecdote about the Jeep GC in my original question because the sense I got from the information I had led me to believe that the 3.7 L V6 GC would not safely get up to highway speed quickly enough or get around a slow moving vehicle on a secondary road fast enough to safely perform those maneuvers. So now I pose the questions: first, is the little 4 cylinder Honda Accord powerful enough to get up to speed very quickly from a standing stop onto a 60 mph highway, without acceleration lanes, safely and without mishap? And secondly, would the little 4 banger get around a logging truck on a secondary two-lane road fast enough so as not to smack into the opposing returning truck in the other lane? I hope I've given a better sense of my concern in this posting.

2,605

if you didnt think the v6 enigne in the jeep was quick enough then you already have your answer. based on what you are asking you should go test drive each car and make your own opinion.

hankdz2
0

Jonathan Thanks. Hank