How to park neutral a mazda CX-5?

horong
0

Asked by horong Aug 20, 2013 at 08:21 AM about the 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring

When you pararell park, sometimes u need to park neutral.
How do u do it in CX-5?

Tried to put gear in Neutral then click turn off engine, the
radio still on.

Racer_X
12,715

Are you serious? You can really only park in Neutral with a Manual Transmission, which I know the CX-5 doesn't have (I have a Mazda MX-5 with 6 speed MT and I STILL don't park it unless it's in gear!) With any Auto Tranny, you should have the car/suv in Park (P), many cars/suvs won't even allow you to shut off the car unless it is. Even if the CX-5 does allow you to, this is a safety hazard even with the e-brake set...what if the e-brake fails?? God forbid you park on a hill this way....Good Lord! Can't wait to hear other Gurus responses to THIS!

Michael Kane
5,205

The CX-5 needs to be in park to be properly shut off.

DavidH25

I'd really like to know what make you say/think that horong... do we have a language barrier maybe and are not communicating..? Somebody tell you that? If it is a language barrier go ahead and post in you language and I will plug it in to Google Translate...although GT is often not quite right. Or what else is the deal? Please? What is the connection with parallel parking?