how to disable seatbelt reminder

Adam Czykier
0

Asked by Adam Sep 28, 2012 at 03:43 AM about the 2013 Kia Sorento SX

How can I disable the seatbelt reminder without cutting any wires or removing other parts.

68,135

It's there for your safety.

joef
2,985

Don't do that!! There is no way to disable it. It is there to ensure that you wear your seat belt. Wear your seat belt. It might just save your life...

reebazober
50

These are both bougus answers. First, of course there's a way to disable it. It's an electronic part, not God. Second, a "noise" provides no safety, only the seat belt that it's chiming about provides the safety. I've been driving for 35 years and don't need a reminder beep, maybe Adam doesn't either. And if he owns a Kia, his seatbelt reminder noise probably malfunctions, as does mine. Then, the noise is a distraction and becomes a safety hazard, not a safety devise. If you don't known the answer to the question, just say so, rather than sermonizing.