My 2001 Dodge Dakota with 3.9L V6 won't start or turn over. Stopped at a store and it happened when I shut it off. Seems to have nothing at the key. I cleaned the battery terminals and wire ends thinking it was corrosion. But when I tried it again, same result PLUS my dash cluster stopped working. There is no clicking or anything and the headlights and radio all work fine. I even swapped the wiper relay with the starter relay (same relay) and nothing happened. Could you help me please?

Tigerman610
0

Asked by Tigerman610 Mar 01, 2013 at 08:55 AM about the 2001 Dodge Dakota 4 Dr SLT Crew Cab SB

judge_roy

yes. you probably need a new battery. Have a load test done on it, to reveal that it doesn't put out with enough amperes if this is what you're saying that it's not takin' a charge...buy a new one. Interstate batteries cost more, but are guaranteed, and will be pro-rated at failure provided there is nothing wrong with the case.