My 2002 Durango had to have a new transmission about 6 months ago. I had to add some transmission fluid today - should that happen????

Cathy Cozzens
0

Asked by Cathy May 06, 2013 at 08:30 AM about the 2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD

14,245

how much did you have to add?

Katherine Cozzens
0

one bottle - my check engine came on - I added transmission fluid and oil, and the light went off.

14,245

One quart isnt that low. As long as you dont have to keep adding fluid you should be alright. Just keep an eye on it and if you have to keep adding check for a leak.

45,905

Take it back to who ever installed the transmission and have them check it. It could be leaking. It will also document that you are having a problem at six months in case something happens after the warranty is up. Check your fluids every thousand miles.

Sigurður Guðmundsson
965

X2 take it to the shop if you have it under warranty, better be safe then sorry. You can also check under your truck to see if it is leaking.