Setting up wallpaper and IPOD on 2012 CRV

LynneM15
0

Asked by LynneM15 Feb 03, 2012 at 03:29 PM about the 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

Could soemone tell me how to set up the wallpaper on the mid screen?  I can't find anythinh in the manual.  Also, my salesman set up the IPhone and the IPOD for me, but it seems the car has trouble recognizing the IPOD.  Should I just use the USB port instead of wireless?

Kristen Waggle
60

Any luck changing the wallpaper? I just got my crv on Saturday and am having the same problem.

pschneir
80

Me too...I just got my CRV about a week ago and can't get pics to download. Tried using a flash drive and jpgs were not showing up. Thanks!

razorbackdanny
40

If you have the owners manual, customizing wallpaper is on pages 90 thru 93. If you do get wallpaper loaded, to display it go to page 81. The display button is on the left side of the steering wheel.

pschneir
80

Actually I reviewed the owners manual before I wrote my post. It seems to recognize music files but not jpegs. Any ideas?

joydix
50

i got them downloaded but it will not display. i followed all the directions. i can see them in preview where they are stored. all i see is the digital clock.

palaine
60

I figured it out, image size is sensitive to 480 x 234 pixel dimensions. Anything that size or smaller should work. I have uploaded a few images already into my 2012 Honda Pilot. Hope this helps everyone. What I did was I took an image, re-sized the pixel dimensions using Photoshop (you can use any other photo modifying software) to that specific dimension, threw it on a usb key and transferred as a wallpaper.

joydix
50

i did that. even after it said it was installed it would not show up. i took it to the honda dealer, they spent over an hour doing it...then said it was no problem. it stuck for about 2 weeks and then disappeared! i have not gone back yet but i will.

joydix
50

ok razerbackdanny....YOU GOT IT...YES!!! the final step i guess is to press the display button that is on the left side of the steering wheel....i pressed it once and said something about the clock and the second press got my wallpaper to appear!! i could not get the pic file small enough thru iPhoto but i took the photo in a smaller format on my camera and it installed fine and accepted it but would not display UNTIL i hit that button....

joydix
50

but the SAD part is that honda doesn't know the answer themselves! or if they do they won't share it....i actually brought my car in and they would not show me how they got it to display.....