My tail lights on my 2012 Ford F-150 aren't working, along with the licence plate lights. How do I fix the wiring or how do I check if it a fuse?

neesamum
0

Asked by neesamum Apr 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM about the 2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 6.5ft Bed 4WD

The dealership told us it was the hazard lights and we didn't think was that important get fixed right
away. But later found out it was our tail lights. My husband has already changed the bulbs to which we
thought was the lights that were the problem and are working fine now. If it's something we can deal
with our selves, I just don't want to leave our vehicle in the shop over night for "extra" costs. Please help.

68,135

You sure it isn't covered under warranty? Why wouldn't they fix the hazards if they knew it wasn't working. Your owners manual should have the location of the fuse panel. If not the fuse, you have a short or ground issue somewhere, and sometimes those are hard to find.

Best Answer
DavidH25

Tom is right on, as usual. That 2012 should still be under factory warranty unless you have racked up a million miles.

DavidH25

Warranty: BASIC 3 yr./ 36000 mi. DRIVETRAIN 5 yr./ 60000 mi. ROADSIDE 5 yr./ 60000 mi. 2012 FORD XLT SUPER DUTY CREW CAB AWD looks way cool, very nice truck I would but one if I could afford it

DavidH25

They just passed a law in Calif that effective 01July2013 you are not allowed to use navigation system while driving. sorry off topic but the image reminded me

14,185

Are you serious David? Well then again vehicles with navigation are probably known to the state of California to cause cancer. Along with everything else.

DavidH25

Serious as heat attack the powers~that~be in Calif try to make everything idiot proof. Get this one: it IS ILLEGAL to smoke in a car if there is a minor in the car. YOUR OWN CAR. It used to be if you had a kid in a car seat, but now 17 or under, and no can do, $100 fine

14,185

Thats the government for ya. They think can fix every problem with new laws.

DavidH25

I just now noticed 16 hours later. HEART not heat attack..anyway kbro yep, and they are so, uh, I need a word here, so out of touch with the real world they think if it's unlawful then everybody will immediately stop doing it...I see people everyday with a cell phone epoxied to their ear, driving 40mph on the freeway in the fast lane, women putting eye~liner on with the mirror twisted, can't even use the visor mirror, people reading newspapers folded over the steering wheel..and where are the cops? Right there when I rolled through a stop sign at 2mph a couple years ago cost me $340, same as if I had blown the stop sign at 60mph, and my insurance didn't make that distinction either, just "failure to stop" is how it reads. Lost my 'disappearing deductible' on that