Shocks failing

davidlgloversrr
15

Asked by Jul 28, 2013 at 04:24 PM about the 1987 Buick Regal Limited Coupe

I have a 87 regal has been killing shocks I replaced the springs and went a little beefy to
compensate for the shocks failing but again the shocks are failing Why are the shocks
failing been to 4 different shops and they all said the shocks arte under warranty bring
back to them. I don't understand why the shocks fail. I need shock everyt year to get a
sticker. I am baffled.

48,105

If you're buying "cheapo-beepo" shocks, that could be why. Do you carry a heavy load in the trunk? Is this an air ride (self-leveling) system? Could have a leak somewhere else in the system. Do you drive over lots of bumpy roads full of pot holes? HTH. -Jim

davidlgloversrr
15

No nothing in the trunk and no leveler system. The company I keep getting the shocks from don't want to keep changing out the shocks since they are under a lifetime warranty, till they go out of business. They have replaced them 4 times already. I am baffled I thought that they were usging cheapo's at first but thought about being a repeat offender in their eyes they would put in the best they could get so I would not keep coming back, mabe they still are using cheapo's. is rthere any other reasonm beside cheap shocks they have used Munroes' twice that I know of. Is trhere a cheap Munroe compared to a better quality Munroe I would imagine there is and the name is just a ploy for the company to make me think that there is a good shock going in my vehicle. Is the joke on them when I keep coming back for replacements.

48,105

Hmmmmmmm, I work at NAPA and our top line shock is Monroe Sensa-track. Honestly we get very few Monroes back defective. Maybe your local GM dealer can help. Perhaps there's a service bulletin that was issued to address this. I believe you're correct in that there's another underlying cause for the repeated failures. Sorry I can't help more. If you do get a definitive answer please let us know. -Jim

davidlgloversrr
15

Thank you for the informatiuon I will use the info you gave me when I go back to get the next free ones put in. Again thank you

Backyardfixman
20

I own an 1982 olds cutlass and I had my car tore down bumper to bumper, the regal is the identical car and I believe the aftermarket shocks r not durable enough coil over shocks come factory on the F type body Monti Carlo, Olds Cutlass, Buick Regal, ect see if u can find coil over shocks they may be more expensive but may last longer !! Hope it helps

James Williams
255

Buy better quality shocks,some are even adjustable,koni,gabriel,ranchero etc.