The low pressure light comes on although the tire pressure is correct

Snbmfogbou
0

Asked by Snbmfogbou Sep 05, 2013 at 02:17 PM about the 2012 Kia Optima SX

The dealer seems to be incapable of fixing the low-pressure light on one of the wheels.  It is intermittent and comes on although the pressure is O.K. The dealer even insulted intelligence by saying that it was a nail in the tire - however, he has refused to fix it!

68,435

I bet you won't be going back there anymore. Find a local tire shop or mechanic to look over the wheel in question.

JohnTheCarNut
315

I'm with Tom. Don't go back there!! This might be a pain in the butt, but have you checked the tire pressure every day? If it's intermittent, it could be that the air has seeped/leaked around the nail and that's why it's low. I was wondering if you have separate low pressure light for each wheel, or one light for all 4. Usually the light comes on when there is 5-7 pound difference all around. The simplest thing to do is take it to someone like Direct Tire or someone who has the diagnostic tools to analyze your problem. Good luck, and hope this helps!