Latch is stuck on sliding door?

rklendt
0

Asked by rklendt Feb 27, 2012 at 05:23 PM about the 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ DVD

Latch on sliding door will not open.  You can close door manually but will  not close because the latch is in the down position and unable to open

Kirk McCurdy
385

If you are talking about the latch at the rear of the sliding door, then you will likely require a "closer motor assembly". It includes the latch and a motor that pulls the door in to the body. In the mean time you should be able to pry to latch open with a screwdriver while pulling on the door handle to release it. Good luck.

paulita
0

I am having this same problem on the passenger side sliding door front latch. On the driver's side, I can put the latch in the locked position and when I pull the handle it releases the latch. However, on the passenger side the door is open and the latch is stuck in the locked position. I've tried pulling the door handle and prying with light pressure, but no luck. When I play with the latch, it appears to move freely. I'm guessing the door handle is no longer releasing whatever holds the latch in place. Any suggestions?

harnettr
30

Kirk's answer worked for me. My door was open, the latch was stuck in the closed/locked position. To open the latch I pulled on the handle to open it and at the same time with a screw driver I pushed the latch into the open position. Opening the handle released the latch so it can be moved. Robin