I had an accident in my 2008 Honda Pilot and the front end was damaged. I got it fixed, but as soon as I got it home and started it up again, it is not idling properly and the engine light blinks.

PityPat
0

Asked by PityPat Sep 21, 2013 at 08:46 PM about the 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Nav

30,375

Did you have the codes read? What are they?

1,765

sounds like a misfire in one of the cylinders. how did it drive on the way home?

13,075

A flashing check engine light is warning you there is a misfire condition that is damaging the catalytic converter. Since this problem appeared after the accident I'd suspect an electrical problem. Check that all the wiring was repaired/replaced correctly. Paying close attention to any ground wires that need to be bolted to body panels. HTH. -Jim

PityPat
0

Thanks to all who helped answer my question. I've got it back in the shop today and hopefully it will be completely repaired this time.

13,075

You're welcome. Glad to help.That's great. Thanks for letting us know. -Jim