How do I reset the Maint Reqd light on a 2012 Toyota Camry...it is NOT the same as the 2011.

Connie_toyota
10

Asked by Connie_toyota May 13, 2013 at 09:46 AM about the 2012 Toyota Camry SE

Kos MotorCars
775

1. Ignition off with Trip A showing in the Instrument Cluster. 2 Press and hold the "trip meter reset button" with turning the ignition to ON. 3. Hold trip meter reset button till display says COMPLETE / 000000.

Best Answer
6,515

If all else fails - consult the owner's manual under "Maintenance"

Connie_toyota
10

This WORKED!!! Thanks a million!

Claudette Vernon
0

Awesome! Worked for me also! Thanks!

szliman
0

i will try it, my camry dosent need the tire rotation every 5000k miles, i blew a front tire, and the tire man said its a waste of money. do it at 30000k with the oil change., i hope this works with the push button start?

Jerry Gifford
10

>>szliman...Your answer leads one to believe that you are changing the oil every 30,000 miles? Is that the case? Now I'm of the school that every 3000 miles for an oil change is very excessive and probably more of a marketing ploy by the oil companies, rather than a scientific reason. If you strictly drive in-town and never exceed 35 to 40 mpg for only short distances, yes your oil might need changing more often. But, if you drive in a normal manner of mixed freeway/in-town mileage, 7500 miles is a good distance. I had a Suburban that had a sensor that sampled the oil and once it reached a certain contamination level the display would say "Change Engine Oil". It seemed that the light would come on around 7000 miles. As for rotating your tires, 30,000 is WAY TOO long to wait to rotate. As for cost, Most chain tire stores will rotate your tires for nothing, even if you didn't buy your tires there. They do it as a service hoping you will come to them to buy your next set of tires.