2012 Camry Tires create rough ride?

clay5000
0

Asked by clay5000 Jul 30, 2012 at 05:34 PM about the 2012 Toyota Camry XLE

I traded my 2011 camry for a 2012, and I am noticing the ride is not as smooth over bumpy roads as the 2011.  Could I fix this by swapping the tires for something softer, or is this the redisgned suspension and I'm stuck.

Patrick Young
25

Tires are probably still new, wear em' out some and see if you notice any difference.

clay5000
0

I thought maybe since the 2012 has "low rolling resistance tires" (unlike the 2011)) that maybe I was getting a rough ride in exchange for Toyata meeting some government mileage standard

67,955

If you had the same car, the XLE, certain models, namely the V6 had 17" tires in 2012. So did your 2011 have 16" wheels vs 17" ones on the new Camry? If so that is what you are feeling. A lower profile tire will give you a more sporty feel. You can swap rims and tires, but at a cost. Talk to your dealer, or a tire/wheel distributor in your area.