My 2004 Dodge Neon is not wanting to GO when I'm first taking off!

Nikki Trivette
295

Asked by Nikki Feb 13, 2013 at 09:49 PM about the 2004 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

For example, when pulling away from a stop sign, I'm pushing the gas, I mean really puttin' the pedal to
the medal, but it will only go a couple MPH until it "catches up with itself" (so to speak) Pleeeeez tell me
it's not the transmission going out on me! : (

judge_roy

I take it you've got an automatic, doesn't matter, your EGR is not doin it's job properly...recognise these symptoms...what an evil gig this one is forcing your engine to smell it's own farts on deceleration....only it's not knowing when to quit or is buggerd up with exhaust solids (gee I wonder how??).

Racer_X
11,855

Definitely sounds like a transmission issue to me. Assuming you have an auto. transmission (not a 5 spd Manual)...have you checked the auto transmission fluid level? If so, it is a normal reddish color or dark red? In any event, you should take it to your mechanic to give it a once over.

judge_roy

spent enough time with smog checks to know from this devlish little pooper!

Nikki Trivette
295

Thanks for your answers. Yes-It IS an automatic. Had the codes ran a few days ago (had to change the cam shaft sensor)...got a reading that said "Bad Transmission RANGE" (whatever that means) though anything that starts with "Bad Transmisson" CAN'T be good!) Gonna take it back to Advance tomorrow & get the codes read again. If indeed it is the transmission, I am really praying I can do something about it before it's too late. I don't have the money to buy a new car OR transmission. : (

judge_roy

....well then- I apologize. perhaps was hasty in the diagnosis...feel a bit led down the garden path as disclosure of the full problem was not at hand~ You know it still could be a malfunctioning EGR.

Nikki Trivette
295

Yes, I'm sorry Bob. I should have mentioned that in the first place. My apologies.

judge_roy

You're sweet. oooh la-la on the picture. Certainly the gents all tongues are wagging~

Nikki Trivette
295

lol...thank you! You're sweet too! ;)

judge_roy

gifted you thirty points for not slappin' my face and sayin' LOOK AT you!...oink

judge_roy

You should take whatever you were going to spend on a new transmission, and put a down payment on a used MINI. They are the best! I could NEVER be happy with any other buggy. I know your car, and know to try and get it out of your life and get something that's fun to drive!

Nikki Trivette
295

Personally, I'd rather ride a horse to work! Roy Rogers had it made!

7jimmy7
9,395

and then some! no the codes will still say trans. problem,take it easy on the takeoffs the touqure converter gets a workout this way, the lighter the car is the better, keep tire inflation to 35 or so till a trans solinoid ,pak or front speed sensor is checked, or trans control module is checked not, rear trans sensor not if still speedo still works

judge_roy

be nice, probably get stolen when you went into the market.

judge_roy

Nikki, just can't help myself this is like the fourth painting of over 200 I've done over the last ten years--hope you enjoy it, the cowboys are figurative, just sometin'

judge_roy

Do you know how to check the transmission fluid. This must be done with the engine running in neutral. Did anyone show you how to do this?

judge_roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm4j2BL7m0Y

judge_roy

this guy is better, though its a subaru- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REZcXMpnADc sounds like a drill seargent~

Nikki Trivette
295

Thank you so much y'all! You're very helpful! I'm really trying to learn how to do some of the simple repairs myself. Sure wish I'd taken auto repair in college. I'd be making a fortune by now. (Oh well....Hindsight's 20/20!)

Nikki Trivette
295

(P.S.) And Bob, your paintings are FANTASTIC!!! :)

judge_roy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wells-EGR2004-EGR-Valve-/280738814293?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415d565955&vxp=mtr if you were feelin wiley and wanted to spend sixty on something that may be able to improve performance. What can I say, you've grabbed my heart on valentines day. smoochers...mwah

judge_roy

because it's valentines, I feel like sharing-

judge_roy

beer boys evade a garbage truck you can see all of these on facebook Jay Qureshi

judge_roy

anderson picnic table. there are ghosts of the POMO here-

judge_roy

-

judge_roy

8

judge_roy

?

Nikki Trivette
295

I hope you don't mind me saving them Bob...I really love this type of artwork! :) You're very talented! (Wish I could paint!)

judge_roy

We will talk on monday. my wife is here right now. I need a special buddy to prevent me from goin mad all alone here- don't have to do anything, just be there- will share or even paint one for you! monday. god bless!

judge_roy

cats cats cats

judge_roy

art gallery stole this one

judge_roy

beer boys

judge_roy

corn

judge_roy

a local restaurant/bar

judge_roy

chess

judge_roy

bench

judge_roy

catbird seat

judge_roy

a commission $50

judge_roy

cat

judge_roy

the mitchell domes, a joke greenhouse in Milwaukee

judge_roy

devils dream grille

judge_roy

chickenbarn

judge_roy

gb13

judge_roy

gb12

judge_roy

bob's bait s. milw

judge_roy

little champ NOT FOR SALE

judge_roy

evil eyes

judge_roy

dice

judge_roy

headache

judge_roy

moped

judge_roy

tractor

judge_roy

yachtzee

judge_roy

messy

judge_roy

spooky honey bear

judge_roy

cross

judge_roy

the loo-

judge_roy

2trx

judge_roy

camera

judge_roy

mare

judge_roy

ri

judge_roy

at pier 29

judge_roy

f2

judge_roy

p47

judge_roy

sf89

judge_roy

oregon

judge_roy

smoker

judge_roy

waiting for breakfast

judge_roy

c-d

Nikki Trivette
295

I love them ALL! But some of them affect me in different ways...for example, the one entitled "dice" really reminded me of my father. (He carries things like that, and has a hat just like the one in the painting). Very nice work...I'm impressed! (And a bit jealous!) lol...I always wished I could paint!

judge_roy

carl worked in this room and snapped a pic, I made into an oil..and voila-

judge_roy

the anderson state marsh

judge_roy

had only a black and white...and kinda went nutzo on the colors-

judge_roy

spooky fresh, and the tree is three hundred years old-

judge_roy

my lovely wife Claudia who's been a puppetmaster since my diagnosis with MS and subsequent sequestering in the town of Clearlake, where none of the body panels match and the populice demands on another tatoo, rather than ANY dentistry whatever, everyone smokes and is mean to one another...mostly, except there are a few- Claudia is married to her job and only comes to see me twice a week, leads a guy to feel lonely...and turn to people like you-

judge_roy

Hey, fifty paintings of the preferred variety. Do have more, but not masterpieces. Hope you've enjoyed this paintster Qureshi mini exhibit. there are more come to think of it, but another day-

judge_roy

should I?

judge_roy

my first painting ever!

judge_roy

when I first started messin around with paint 1984. Say nikki you can do this too, if you can draw, you can paint...easy as paintin by number....yes~~

Nikki Trivette
295

But I can't draw either! :P I'm more of a "writer" than a drawer. Say, where do you have all these paintings Bob? I mean, do you have them all hanging on the walls around you? I would! :)

judge_roy

the 'gambling addiction' was purchased by Alan Bargebuhr for fifty bucks, former writer for Cadence magazine, he bought several others including 'claudia' the only accurate rendering of my wife. hey, I needed the money...and still do. I've got images that I've saved. am always working on something. been about one painting every two weeks. still have about two dozen purdy good ones that I could not get to you...for various reasons....and yes, I had a show of some of my works in the 'art asia gallery' which played hell with my sister who was the archetect of that show, really took about six-eight months to get them back, and YOU CAN draw, ever since you first coloring book. everyone can draw...perhaps a little easier 'cause of my Drafting carreer---tends to represent isometrically. Henry at car gurus says that i shouldn't be posting anything that is non-car related, management will delete them....well bpuh! currently if you are in the town of Clearlake, 'the compassion center' (the medicinal marijuana store) has 'bout two dozen of them that the customers like to look at, the 'art house' gallery is a bust because they want thirty dollars a month and three days volunteer time....phoey on that, will display them for FREE at the compassion center. John-John, all three guys named Chris are nutz about my stuff. Johnjohn wants me to paint a 'field of dreams' to post above the main counter for excange of 1/4 oz. All of their stuff was pot and bob marley related before they met me. Now I'm the very essence of this place! stay in touch, I think you're groovy (at least your avatar represents)...stay in touch always neeed a pen pal!

DavidH25

Well, 82 later to 'get to the bottom of this" so to speak..Nikki, please clarify something....does it rev up when you say "won't move" the engine runs up and the car won't move. or does the engine not 'get up to speed'? I won't tell you your transmission is going out. Unless it is,,,but first I need to understand your question ..and I may not answer for a little while, I have to step away from my desk and take care of a few things but I promise I will get back..meantime could you clarify that? Thanks, David (he is talented, eh?)

judge_roy

H25 she's changed her avatar used to have the red-white-and blue, with Nikki being the white...am guessing she changed vehicles too by now?

DavidH25

Quite likely. Traded it in for a MINI

judge_roy

cute? ain't she~

judge_roy

did this one, and man what a hassle....they liked it- did not ask for compensation~

judge_roy

Minis have terrible ground clearance and are only suitable for paved, clear roads- Icy places struggle, bottom shield is made of plastic and gets destroyed easily~

DavidH25

But a Neon is about as low as they get

judge_roy

economically, perhaps....always kinda liked Dodges...they have been kinda fleshy, and circusie in the past, I wonder if the Brewers are still winning?

judge_roy

haven't heard hide nor hair from miss nikki trivette, perhaps her NEON left her stranded in Compton and disappeared like Kingston, Jamaica~ maybe she's driving a buick now,....wouldn't you really rather have a buick, a buick..exiting new buick....asked her to be a penpal, but we all wish things that we cannot have~

Best Answer
judge_roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oizl5KF0e2E

Nikki Trivette
295

Hello all, I must apologize for not being here for so long...I forgot my password, and have only recently had the time to sit down and figure it out again. I'm also working two jobs, and just haven't had "casual computer time"...I hope you won't think I'm terribly rude, though I'm sure it seemed that way. My sincerest apologies! (Especially to you Bob!) Oh and just for the record...I would never drive a mini! ;)

judge_roy

Nikki, TWO jobs? could not take bob nueske's name so I took judge_roy and now am up to 4th GURU standing...did not like the idea of competing with the likes of Tom Deyman, David H25 and tenspeed so I came in as smooth operator_13 which is who I was 1982-1984 and took on perhaps 700 reputation points before H25 convinced me to stick to judge_roy...where I'm at now...hardly paint no more...here's my latest "david holloway in deep woods"~

judge_roy

still wrackin' up miles on your NEON, nikki?

Nikki Trivette
295

Oh that's really nice! You have such talent! Makes me feel like I'm there!: ) As for the Neon, yep...rackin' up more & more miles every day. (And night!) I just hope it makes it another 8 months till tax time, so I can get somethin' different. My serpentine belt whines from time to time, and she's ridin' kinda rough these days. Sad to say, I think Ol' Bessie may be on her last legs. (Or wheels) lol

Nikki Trivette
295

BTW...Be back tomorrow...I'm off to Job # 1 now...byeeee

judge_roy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-CHRYSLER-PLYMOUTH- AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-2-0L-136K-1-YR-WARRANTY-ATLANTA- /151045586279? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge%7CMo del%3ANeon%7CYear%3A2004&hash=item232b04bd67&vxp=mtr

Nikki Trivette
295

Thanks for posting that sweetie, but I think I'm just gonna let ol' Bessie die on her own, and then replace her at tax-return time. (Providing she lives another 8 months! COME ON BESSIE! YOU CAN DO IT!!) btw, what would you prefer I call you? (Besides sweetie, that is ;) your name IS Bob correct? :)

judge_roy

Nikki, I am such a naughty boy...Jay or Jayster is what me close friends call me (if I had any) :{ again swell hearing from you out of the blue....no really out of the blue...your avatar ain't got no blue in it~ I can understand not giving up your car for a couple of days along with five hundred to keep "bessie" on the road=my 95 toyota stll has a turn signal not working, changed a bad bulb...about 250 mA but no 12Volts like the other end of the wire was stolen by pirates~ my bessie (reconstructed from a broken timing belt) isn't getting a lot of use on acct. of the MINI which the wife's not only paying for, but she's getting the CVT looked at (no dipstick----permanently sealed...ho ho ho) Still have not told me which TWO jobs you've got and whether it seems as though that bessie's gonna make it...you are a smartypants for finding and replacing the bad sensor...still want to see that blue again in your avatar~ Bob was just on acct of bob nueske's superior bacon nueskes.com stopped using that name and switched to judge_roy and got to 4th level and do not want to compete with the likes of tenspeed, Tom Deyman, and DavidH25....these guys no everything....I know nothing and started again as operator_13 until DavidH25 convinced me to "get back in the game"...so here I am...at your service~

judge_roy

would like your facebook name, click on judge_roy to send him the info...privately...please make a facebook profile nikki trivette...so I can pound your ears off with all kinds of rhetoric that I cannot post here~