Considering buying a 2012 Ram 2500 Diesel Quad Cab. Any thoughts/complaints?

maminor
25

Asked by maminor Dec 18, 2012 at 04:04 PM about the 2012 Ram 2500 SLT Crew Cab 6.3 ft. Bed 4WD

My husband is looking at buying a 2012 Ram 2500 Diesel crew/quad cab.  He hauls cattle occasionally.  
We know they are going to the urea treatment system for the 2013.  Does anyone have any complaints
on performance or Mileage with the standard engine ?  Should we wait for a 2013?

olered30
20

I recommend buying whatever motor you are most comfortable/know the most about. Based on what I've heard throughout the years regarding any auto maker, the first year using " new motor/transmission/suspension/etc. technology " is known as " Trial & Error ". Reason for this, they produce whatever to make whoever, whether it's Government Regulations or Common Folk, happy in hopes of them purchasing the vehicle. Therefore, the first few years tend to have alot of recalls because us regular folks are the ones who are actually testing the vehicle. In conclusion, buy what you know works instead of what's suppose to work. Hope this helps.