Transfer case problems

nightmareroy
0

Asked by nightmareroy Apr 09, 2010 at 04:27 PM about the 2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD

I got a 2004 Dodge Durango with 75,000 miles on it and a couple of days ago I tried to put my truck in 4Lock and the light on the dash just blinks and it never shifts.  So I turn it to 4Lo and it shifts into it no problem then I turn it back to 4Lock and it shifts into no problem.  Then I tried to go back to AWD and again the 4Lock light justs blinks on and on and nothing happens and it stay is in 4Lock.  The only way to get back into AWD is to quickly turn the switch from 4LO to AWD.  Any ideas what the problem may be, I'm trying to aviod going to the dealer and getting charge a arm and a leg?    

Sigurður Guðmundsson
905

If you use the 4WD seldom it can get stiff, also it can sit in the lower gear, usually what I so when this happens I have the front wheel´s straight and rock the truck back and forth by putting it in Drive and Reverse, then off course you may never put your truck in 4 wd lock or low unless you are on a loose ground or snow. You can damage your dif, transfer case and axles if you do so.

jfdragboat
10

Tank You my friend Sig , i did have the same exact problem today afther trying to go out in the Big snow withe 4Lo...did not want ot switch to 2wd and did your trick , back and fron with the truck rocking and talala...laaaa it work , back in 2wd , i wass scare because it my sis truck not mine , scare me little , wass thinking wass broke , tks again and Good God bless you , jf :) amen

Sigurður Guðmundsson
905

Thanks and youre so welcome :)