Driver seat - plastic piece surrounding base of seat

Banker
25

Asked by Banker Sep 24, 2007 at 07:44 PM about the 2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD

Wandering if anybody has experience the plastic cracking with some pieces of the plastic base just plain coming off.  The location of the cracking and breaking is directly above the seat controls on the driver side yet below the actual surface of the seat.  HELP?

29,515

This is a known problem, and one that can be fixed, but you need to replace both the plastic piece, and the bolster for the seatbelt where it rubs against that piece, because the replacement pieces are a different type of plastic than the original material, and will wear more rapidly if not touching another piece of the same material. Unfortunately your vehicle is most likely out of the 3 yr/36k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, so you will have to pay parts and labor out of pocket. The good news is, parts are available through your Dodge dealer. Make sure to order both pieces required so you don't experience further problems. The parts department should know about it.