I have a 2012 Highlander Hybrid with Navigation and rear DVD entertainment. All factory installed. My question is the factory setting of the volume of the rear DVD player. When I play a DVD , listening through the speaker systems, not the headphones. I need to raise the volume to a 32 33 setting to hear the DVD. Normally when I listed to the radio I use a sertting of 16 - 18 volume setting. Why do I need to raise the volume so much to hear a DVD. It is worse when I am traveling on the expressway. Sometimes I need to raise the volume to 45 - 50. I am not changing the balance of the speakers between front and back

smkalchik
5

Asked by smkalchik Feb 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM about the 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD

Factorty volume setting seems low for rear DVD entertainment. When I play a DVD I need to raise volume to 33 - 35 volume setting to hear the DVD,  My normal volume setting for radio listening is 14 - 16 volume

voltagefuel
685

It could be related to the REMOTE for the DVD. Check and adjust volume control for the DVD with the remote and make sure it's turned all the way up, and then try the volume controls where to experienced the issue. If you have the Quick Reference Guide, check that too. Hope this helps. Remember, obviously with climate controls blasting heat or whatever, it will increase interior DB.

smkalchik
5

The remote control that came with my rear entertainment system does NOT have volume control buttons.