Brakes apply themselves.

bws1
0

Asked by bws1 Jun 18, 2013 at 01:12 AM about the 2012 Ford F-350 Super Duty King Ranch Crew Cab 8ft Bed DRW 4WD

2012 ford f350 dually 6.7 Dsl. The has run flawlessly for 1200 miles. Last week cruising
down the highway. The tuck started to loose speed. I accelerated to compensate but Ge
brakes forced me to pull off the road. All four calipers stoking hot. After sitting a hour
waiting for a tow truck the brakes went back to normal. Drove it to the dealer for
diagnoses and repair. They couldn't find a problem. Picked up the truck and drove 3
miles and problem reoccurred. Help!

DavidH25

Make the dealer look again, and/or make the mechanic drive it until it happens. Or try another dealer. Your brakes are dragging. There is a 'reed valve' or 'flapper valve" that keeps the calipers from sticking, and when it happens on all four as you describe the problem is likely in the master cylinder