07 charger will not start just clicks whats wrong?

EAT0220
0

Asked by EAT0220 Jan 02, 2012 at 09:38 AM about the 2007 Dodge Charger Base

installed fog lights in my 07 charger yesterday, wired the power directly to the light knob inside the car that turn on headlamps.  worked fine all day then after i parked it that night i went to go to the store and car will not start.  The car turns on and stays on for about ten seconds then shuts off then about 10 second later car comes back on.  try to start and theres a click in the trunk.  PLEASE HELP

Peter Nichols
2,195

Get online and find a wiring diagram for the underhood portion of the car ... DISCONNECT the jerry rigged fog lights 'cause that WILL void your warranty and your insurance should the car burn up from an electrical fire ... Use 16 gauge wire (1 red ,1green ) from the light pods work towards the relay box next to the battery . GROUND the GREEN wires to the NEG terminal BUSS near the battery (use good 3M terminals not the wall mart shit ) ... NOW ,STOP ... take the car to the dealer and have them connect the red wires to the correct relay with the correct terminals thru the Buss connection under the box . OK ? NOW save the reciept in the glovebox should you ever have trouble with the electrical system your dealer installed lights now have a certificate of authenticity with a DATE on it that won't void your warranty ... yes this all sounds like overkill but it must be done or your warranty is no good .. PS - in the future put a day for research into the project before you ever open the hood ! PBN

Peter Nichols
2,195

one more tidbit your car with the jumped lights off the switch thinks it's being stolen and the security system has been activated . unless you can work your way thru the system to disarm it you'll have to go to the dealer for this one two .. ain't none of this cheap, thats why my newest vehicle is a 1974 . this all worked great for twenty odd years , now were out of parts ... what do we do ? we buy an old cushman and save gas .. Damn right *$#^&&&* government ! HOPE this has INSPIRED you , good luck