lose power steering when I go thru a small water puddle

christie1050
0

Asked by christie1050 Apr 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord EX PZEV w/Leather and Nav Coupe

sometimes when it rains and I go through a small puddle the power steering cuts out and sometime engine cut off.

68,785

You need to inspect your Belt tensioner and belt, it is slipping when it gets wet. I suggest you look into replacing both, and maybe you have a shield (that is to prevent water from hitting the belt), that has fallen off.

christie1050
0

thanks for the answer. I had the power steering belt replaced 6 months and it has been checked by 3 mechanics since then. Now it is at the Honda dealership and they say the problem is a "damaged boot on the intake manifold" and they can fix it for $400.00