Hello! I'm trying to find out if I am going to need my hub baring replaced...

Toyar
5

Asked by Toyar Jul 29, 2014 at 05:24 PM about the 2012 Chevrolet Impala LS

I have a 2012 Cheverolet Impala. A couple of weeks ago some sensor lights started flashing. Service Stablitrak, Servcice Traction Control, Brake Assist, ABS, and the little traction symbol has all been coming up. I took it to the dealership and they put it on the machine and told me that my hub baring is going bad. They charge over $600 to fix it and I can NOT afford that, so I let a guy I know check it out and he seems to think its not the hubbaring but that I need a four-wheel alignment. I took it to a tire place today and they told me that an alignment would not cause those sensors to come on. So I don't know what to do. Also my car has around 44,000 miles on it and the mechanic that I had to look at it says that the hub baring should not be bad already. What should I do??? I need my car fixed at a reasonable price.

Jason Zane
3,765

i had my right one go out around that much miles. it can happen. said buick had 500 miles on it before i purchased soo who knows what happened before i had it. could u claim warranty work? it is under three years owned.

Toyar
5

Thanks Jason! But they told me that my GM warranty would not cover it.