What does it mean when my 2012 Ford Fiesta stutters when making a turn and the power isnt there?

rckclimber4life
0

Asked by rckclimber4life Jun 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM about the 2012 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback

judge_roy

I'd inspect for movement shorting out the high-tension....the coil or coil packs or the power delivery disconnecting for the turns~....just inspect, use a chopstick....so you don't get shocked~

judge_roy

...unless you think that it is a fuel delivery problem~....clue me in~

18,385

if you have less than 60k miles on it take it to the dealer its under powertrain warranty.

pedroallion
105

This seems definitely a dealer problem - not yours - isn't it still under warranty? I would certainly let them address the problem!

robstarseven
0

possibly a transmission issue. my fiesta stuttered and sometimes all together stopped in the middle of the road, almost as if the tranny was slipping. I have heard the automatics in the fiesta and focus from 2011/2012 will have these issues. A poor design flaw in the tranny. I was able to have the dealer replace my transmission, took 3 weeks. When I got it back, started doing the same thing again...not good! I will be getting rid of my 2012 fiesta SfE hatch needless to say!