how do i flush my sealed radiator system on my 2005 Dodge Stratus se 2.7 litre motor

rookiejohn64
0

Asked by rookiejohn64 Oct 09, 2013 at 08:27 PM about the 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe

i have a 2005 Dodge Stratus the car is not overheating but after a trip the water in the
resavoir is boiling i changed the thermostat and still doing it. I need to flush the system
but i am not sure how to do it? Any help would be appreciated.

Goodwrench707
1,825

Try a new radiator cap (About $5). It might not be holding pressure.

rookiejohn64
0

the cap is brand new,it is not losing water it is like i go to town run errands about 35 minutes. The temp gauge is at about half way mark but when i park the water is like boiling like if you were boiling it on the stove, some one told me it was my water pump but i want to flush the radiator first but im not real sure how to burp it and drain it.

Goodwrench707
1,825

See the attached pictures. Open the bleeder with the engine running, while filling the radiator, to purge trapped air in the system. The drain for the radiator is indicated in the picture below.

Goodwrench707
1,825

Drain

rookiejohn64
0

thanks for the info you have been very helpful

Junior Seleulu
0

I have the exact same problem,did this solution work for you.I am not mechanically inclined and need to know what to tell mechanic.Some help please