Mini Cooper in the snow??

Newyorker2012
0

Asked by Newyorker2012 Oct 27, 2012 at 06:06 PM about the 2012 MINI Cooper Base

I'm moving to northern Texas to go to
school I'm 20 years old and was
wondering how does the 2009-2013
Mini Cooper preform in the snow? I
probably won't be in anything deeper
than 1-4 inches, and for those of you
who don't know yes some parts of
Texas does get snow thank you :)

Robert Charlson
2,405

I live in Nebraska so the mini do pretty well in the snow since they are front wheel drive. But of course with any car the difference is in the tires on the car. If you are a little uneasy about snow or have never driven in the snow I suggest getting some kind of snow tires for the vehicle. Not only does the tires help keep the car in control and actually get around put it greatly helps with stopping the vehicle faster than a all season tire. Hope this helps (I didn't know texas got snow at all)

Brian Cramer
75

Agree snow tires nice but for the 1 - 3 snowfalls you will get go with a good all season you will do fine just dont run the summer tires below 32 degrees as the rubber gets hard and oily