2003 hummer h2 wipers quit working

amjaley
0

Asked by amjaley May 04, 2013 at 08:33 PM about the 2003 Hummer H2 Luxury

wipers took off on their own with the switch off. i disconnected the battery and they reset themselves. they were  making some loud noise but now they move a little bit and stop. Any help would be appreciated

45,605

It could be a bad wiper switch or module that's causing it. If it was a mechanical problem in the wiper motor assembly, it wouldn't reset.

judge_roy

yes. Take the motor apart, clean all parts with brake cleaner or paint thinner, squirt of tri-flow for the moving elbows, etc, and seal it back up with a bead of black RTV sealant, so you will not have corrosion problems anymore~

amjaley
0

I did that and put it back together. It works but when I put the blades back on it does not work. It seems like it is not getting enough power. Any advice is appericiated

judge_roy

check the power going to the unit, both under load if you can and without the load, if you can...disconnect and check the voltage at the source.~

judge_roy

you could use a test light with a bulb, that way you could do it one- handedly~