Please help me! Cheek engine light & EPC light is on & my car will not start!!!!

Pachello1019
10

Asked by Pachello1019 Nov 18, 2011 at 08:40 AM about the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T

Ok bought vw 2 days ago!! It ran great & yesterday I realized check engine light came
on!,,then today I go out to start car & it will NOT START!!! Everything else came on like
radio, lights etc.!! I happened to notice EPC light is also on!  Car rAn fine last night,
absolutely no issues!! I hv no owns Manuel either! Please someone help me!!
Jessica

Michael McGrail
6,225

Without knowing what codes the computer has flagged.. I can't help there.. Every state requires auto dealers to warranty their cars for a limited amount of time. Here in Louisiana it is 3 days. If I were you I would find out, if able let the dealer worry about the fix. If you bought it from an individual, unfortunately you may be SOL.

Hotes
225

if you have a road side service have the car towed to a dealer to run a computer check on it. Document everything! This may be covered under the lemon law of your state.

Pachello1019
10

Tha ms guys for taking time to answer my question" well my dad took. Look at my car & it was the starter so we bought the part $150 (not to bad) and he fixed it she is back in business & running amazing111 Jessica

BobH2003
20

I have a 2003 Jetta 1.8T and the EPC light came on and the car would not start. I also had a check engine light come on last week. I checked the battery voltage and it was 12.3 Volts (Manual says it should be >12.5V). I replaced the battery and both lights went out and the car starts right up.