ETC light

christymangrum3
15

Asked by christymangrum3 Nov 01, 2011 at 12:55 PM about the 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum. This morning the Electronic Throttle Control light came on. The car is running fine but I also noticed the temperature gauge on my cluster is staying on C. The check engine light has been on for awhile now and I was told it was a sensor relating to the temperature gauge. Would this cause the ETC light to come on?

Michael Mierzejewski
2,330

ETC codes will come on just about every time a check engine light comes on. Fix the CEL and the ETC will likely go away. Most likely the check engine light is something like "coolant temp too low for too long". Probably a stuck open thermostat. Change it, done.

christymangrum3
15

I just went out to lunch and the light is now gone and the temperature gauge is working again. Could it just be that I didnt warm my car up this morning before I left and we were in the low 30's?

Michael Mierzejewski
2,330

i suppose thats possible

Dan Connell
6,765

when the electronic throttle light comes on it generally means theres a problem in one of the two APPS(Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor) circuits, the reason the car ran fine is because the system is redundant. its prolly one of the reasons your CEL was on, if all the lights are out now, id expect the electronic throttle light to become a more and more prevelent problem, and is possibly some thing you may want to have the dealer look at.

ThatDeal2013
190

I'd have to agree with Michael. Not only could it be the thermostat, I'd also suspect your throttle body needs a cleaning. Carbon deposits may be causing the plate to stick, in turn tricking the tps sensor.

Miguel Carrasco
65

i have the same problem! recently the ETC light came on on my 05 dodge magnum i switch the throttle body on it already and the ETC light won't go away it stays flashing and it cuts off power on my engine any tips what might be causing this also i get H0700?

contraco007
10

Same thing here... :/ Is this an expensive fix?

CarlosDiz
5

I have tha same ETC and code 700 did rep used transs and continued with the problem, any tips?

CarlosDiz
5

I have tha same ETC and code 700 did rep used transs, TB, ECM and continued with the problem, any tips?

CarlosDiz
5

other thing I notice, has troble code p0420 no more -p0700 and ETC lithg still flashing since the first time I started

Lew44
0

i have the same problem! recently the ETC light came on on my 05 dodge magnum i switch the throttle body on it already and the ETC light won't go away it stays flashing and it cuts off power on my engine any tips what might be causing this also i get H0700?  Posted by Miguel 9 months Is this an expensive fix?