ETC light

christymangrum3
5

Asked by christymangrum3 Nov 01, 2011 at 12:55 PM about the 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum. This morning the Electronic Throttle Control light came on. The car is running fine but I also noticed the temperature gauge on my cluster is staying on C. The check engine light has been on for awhile now and I was told it was a sensor relating to the temperature gauge. Would this cause the ETC light to come on?

Michael Mierzejewski
1,700

ETC codes will come on just about every time a check engine light comes on. Fix the CEL and the ETC will likely go away. Most likely the check engine light is something like "coolant temp too low for too long". Probably a stuck open thermostat. Change it, done.

christymangrum3
5

I just went out to lunch and the light is now gone and the temperature gauge is working again. Could it just be that I didnt warm my car up this morning before I left and we were in the low 30's?

Michael Mierzejewski
1,700

i suppose thats possible

Dan Connell
4,375

when the electronic throttle light comes on it generally means theres a problem in one of the two APPS(Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor) circuits, the reason the car ran fine is because the system is redundant. its prolly one of the reasons your CEL was on, if all the lights are out now, id expect the electronic throttle light to become a more and more prevelent problem, and is possibly some thing you may want to have the dealer look at.

ThatDeal2013
120

I'd have to agree with Michael. Not only could it be the thermostat, I'd also suspect your throttle body needs a cleaning. Carbon deposits may be causing the plate to stick, in turn tricking the tps sensor.