What make you think your getting a good deal just because of price?

rick8548
0

Asked by rick8548 Jan 26, 2013 at 05:20 PM about the 2011 Audi A3 2.0T Premium Plus

There are so many independent car dealers selling late model cars with branded titles and unibody damage and the Guru compares those as great prices versus a new vehicle dealership that certifies their pre owned and are forbidden from purchasing the aforementioned vehicles. I don't feel this website is fair in judgement.

Racer_X
15,875

You make a VERY good point! CarGurus is only calculating what is a GREAT, GOOD, FAIR, or BAD deal based on the car's year, mileage, and price versus the "Instant Market Value". They don't take into account Car Fax history or the fact that a car may have a questionable history: Flood Damage, Salvage or Rebuild Title, etc. BUT, there are limits to what CarGurus can realistically do. Before I made my recent purchase I found 1 car and 1 SUV on here that were "Good Deals" per this site, but when I went to a large dealership to check out a Nissan Altima..it had a Rebuild title and confusing CarFax..The SUV from a no-name small dealer, had a sketchy CarFax history and the owner looked and talked like he was in the Russian Mafia or something "You want see car today..I make deal good"...real scary looking dude. Thankfully, I found a REPUTABLE dealership and made out well in the end ...and found a deal that CarGurus rated as a "Fair Deal" and that's EXACTLY what it turned out to be.. I may be wrong, BUT many of the "GOOD or GREAT deals" seem to come from cars with HIGHER mileage on this site.