what mods did you do to your 4th gen charger r/t and how much power is it putting to the wheels?

Kevin Chin
145

Asked by Kevin Jul 09, 2008 at 12:05 AM about the 2006 Dodge Charger RT

I put on long tube headers, 2800 stall converter, fabricated catback with basic magnaflow 2.5 ins and outs, CAI, 180 tstat, ported heads, 268 custom ground camshaft by southernhotrod - mds disabled, diablo predator with custom cmr tune.  Before the heads and cam, I ran a 13.7 @101mph.  Dynoed 383 rwp

Mason Green
5

if you want a lot of power try a supercharger from vortech or a turbocharger from turbonetics

Hunter Goodlett
80

what motor is it 5.7? 6.1? did you disable the ESP with the diablo sport tuner? your gunna have a time with the torque management on the charger. that has been a problem with the chargers lately. Trust me i don't own a charger but am a fanatic on trying to come up with some sort of solution. Mopar or No Car. I have a 1972 dodge charger 440 and love it. If you have any more questions message me or something

Hunter Goodlett
80

also don't pull the 17 fuse or w/e people have been trying. that is torque management but it also is your abs and will screw around with your brakes bad. and yes a supercharger or turbocharger will make any car faster.

Kevin Chin
145

only GSM is selling a supercharger at this moment for an arm and a leg. also due to lack of tuning and air/fuel mixtures, their superchargers and other custom superchargers are burning up the engine and causing "boom boom". Only a few guys have made the supercharger work. I have not heard of any turbos for these cars yet, if you have then that is news to me.

Kevin Chin
145

The diable handles all that fun stuff with the ESP and torque management etc. Another good thing is that the Diablo is good for both the 5.7 and the 6.1. The best solution is to swap out the rear end and that costs about $6500 for parts only. (diable also has a tune for that) I only disable esp at the track. I am trying to see if other guys or gals on facebook have a 4th gen r/t with mods regarding performance. The 22" bullshit doesn't fly with me.

Kevin Chin
145

I want to know who has a 4th gen Charger R/T (ie. Daytona R/t, R/T, R/T with road and track SRT8 does not apply) and what mods have been done, how much power is the car putting out.

Mason Green
5

looking at your reply for the engine if you do work on the pistons, crank, intake. one way i know to get more power is more air flow like a turbocharger, or supercharger or do a new intake system with a intake manifold and throttle bodie

Jeremy Costner
35

u have any probs wit ur engine smokin? mines an original 440 mag and done and put a new carb on but wont stop smokin.

Ricardo Cabeza de Vaca
25

I have JBA headers, catless midpipes, custom exhaust, diablo predator tune, FRI camshaft (not installed yet) K&N intake and 180* tstat....no dyno numbers, no track times. sorry

Kevin Chin
145

Finally, someone read the original post and understood it. A+. You will notice night and day with the camshaft you might as well do the ported heads for some extra hp. I had a rounded 70 gain from 315 to 383. Go to youtube and look up 5.7 hemi charger! posted by southern hotrod.

Brett Kettenbach
0

I have a '07 daytona r/t charger with 350hp and 390 lb-ft. of torque, I put a volant cold air intake on it and a superchip programmer so I can run 91. They claimed 20hp on the intake and 10 on the chip. The intake gave the car an aggressive underhood growl, but only when you're on the throttle and the chip really cleaned up the transmissions shifts, to begin with they were slow and lazy, now it slams you're head into the seat when it hits second and the exhaust barks, very cool!!! I haven't had the car dynoed but with the mods it runs 14.7 @ 94 mph.

Kevin Chin
145

Awesome. When I had superchips and K&N CAI, I was hitting a range of times 14.2 @ 99.6 mph. I also hit a 14.4 at 98mph. Trap speeds suck for these cars. The only remedy is traction and swaping gears. I dont want to push any product on anyone, but I found the Diablo predator to be the best tuner on the market for these cars. You have more options. I dont want to burst your bubble, but the 5.7's will run a consistent mid 14 second quarter mile from the factory. 20hp on the intake is a bold statement from any CAI company--at most maybe 5-7hp. The tuner doesnt really add much HP , you are feeling increased shift points and firmer shifts. For better results, in power, put on headers (long or short) with a torque converter. You will see at least an extra 15-30 gain on power and sound with the headers. The torque converter will really make your car move and feel the shift. Keep it up. Mail my inbox if you want to talk more.

Brett Kettenbach
0

Yeah I don't know where you're at but I'm in calgary, Alberta, Canada. We're at 3500 ft. The lean air makes us slower. I've seen youtube videos of the r/t chargers running mid 14's stock, but we just can't do it up here. I raced an SRT charger and it ran 14.1 @ 101 mph

Kevin Chin
145

Damn. That is insane. Nitrous. 100 shot will do you justice. It costs around $600 US depending on who you buy from. We are in New Orleans. The nearest quarter mile track is in Baton Rouge. Before I put in the camshaft and heads, I ran a 13.9 at 101mph on street tires (Nitto 555 255/45/18). I had plenty of spin, had I traction maybe a 13.7. I have yet to go to the track and see what the car can do with the cam and heads. Hurricanes really hinder my racing time. I am also looking for the right wheel and drag radial combination to get traction. I am hoping for a 13.1 or maybe a 12.8. I will have to see once all is done. There is plenty you can do, do your best to fully disable traction control and you will find the car a whole type of fun.

Kevin Chin
145

Recent track times with the head and cam. On regular street tires 13.001 @ 107 on Mickey Thompson ET street radials 12.7 @109

Mark Richard
75

Hey man I have an '07 R/T. 5.7 with K&N typhoon CAI, SLP loudmouth exhaust, Diablo Programmer. I have RotorPros Rotors with EBC red stuff pads. With all this added the car is totally different from the day I bought it. She explodes off the line harder and faster, and stops on a freak'n dime. Checj out my page www.cardomain.com/ride/2914601 I haven't had this bad girl dynoed yet. Let me know what you think. -Mark

Kevin Chin
145

very nice and clean 07. The brakes and the 5point harness was a good idea. I am wondering how you are getting 400 horsepower with catback, diablo, and K&N. It has to be an estimated power to the engine. Don't be disappointed when you put your beast on the dyno and see numbers around 300-310 to the wheels. After heads and cam I am putting 383 to the wheels about 460 in the engine. (20-25% power/weight ratios) Your next modification should be a stall converter.

Kevin Chin
145

Did a few new things to the beast. I swapped out the exhaust for GHL 3" all the way back. Installed DMH electric cutouts. (very nice for the open header sound). Put on 2009 Challenger SRT8 axles, hubs, LSD, and 3.06 gear. Can't go 40 feet without shifting to fourth gear. I remember the day when I had traction. I can't wait to get it out to the track with my Mickey T's