KIA Sorento 2012 Audio issue.

alibaqer
10

Asked by alibaqer Jan 02, 2013 at 01:53 AM about the 2012 Kia Sorento EX AWD

I have Sorento 2012, Media sound was working yesterday, today I start it up and there is no audio at all, I reset the factory setting, also updated the software, and checked the Audio fuse? any suggestion.

Ronc258
3,670

2012 that should still be under waranty. Bring it to the dealer you bought it at and have it checked. first make sure that is covered by your waranty

alibaqer
10

That you for your answer, it is still under warranty, I thought iI can do something as the dealer is 500km faraway.

James Warner
2,210

if you havent made it into the dealer yet you can pull the audio fuse to try a hard reset of the radio. but more then likely the radio will need repaced. just remove the fuses marked for sudio with the key on until the radio loses power(im assuming it still lights up just no sound). turn off the key an let it sit for about ten minutes and reinstall the fuse. youll have to put your radio presets back in but it might "wake" it up

alibaqer
10

Thanks James for your answer, I came to the dealer and they checked the radio system and they said it is defective and I have appointment tomorrow to change it with a new system. Ali

Karen Robinson
10

I have a 2013 Kia Sorento. On Saturday my sound was working and I got out of the car and got back in about 30 minutes later to have no sound what so ever, maps, satellite radio, regular radio, blue tooth nothing. I called the dealer this morning and there is a small reset button located right on the front of my radio system. It's a small hole right above the Sirius word on the front, upper left hand corner. I pressed it with a paper clip and it does a hard reset and it works great! I knew it wasn't a fuse issue because other things associated with the audio fuse was working . The amp fuse was okay too. So look for a small hole on the face of your radio somewhere have radio turned on and press the button! Good luck!

David Allard
0

I tried the reset button on my Sorento 2012 and didn't work, still no sound...nothing.

drguiniter
0

I tried the reset without success so I checked the amplifier fuse which was was NOT blown but just taking it and out and putting it back in, fixed the problem.