Trying to find out why the A/C compressor in my 2008 Suzuki XL-7 will not work in cold weather

Larry Tasker II
30

Asked by Larry Feb 27, 2014 at 09:07 PM about the 2008 Suzuki XL-7 Luxury AWD

The A/ C works fine until the outside
air temperature drops below 35
degrees
Then it quits working
It makes it very hard to keep the
windows clear because without the
A/C compressor running the climate
control system cannot remove the
moisture from inside the car

Sam_b1
25

It probably needs some oil. You should go to the body shop and have it checked,also check that your A/C compressor is actually turning on/ getting 12.4 volts or more with your a/c is supposed to be on. If its working fine then you might just have a clog in your system, possible the oriface tube. But I'm not completely sure without being able to see it

Larry Tasker II
30

Thanks Sam, but I don't believe it is a low oil in A/C system problem As I stated I can drive the car out of the warm garage and it quits working Or drive it into the garage and it will start working again Maybe there is some kind of temp limiting sensor in the system somewhere to protect the system from freezing I just wished it would work like it's supposed to

Larry Tasker II
30

I am going to try and find a diagram of the system that shows all of the sensors and switches and relays There may be a low ambient air temperature cutout switch that disables it in cold weather