I bought a second remote and would like to program it to work on my 2012 LTZ Chevy Cruze push to start. At Chevy dealer they are charging $70.00 rip off!!!

azizbel
30

Asked by azizbel Oct 19, 2013 at 01:02 PM about the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ

108,765

Put the working key in the ignition and turn it on and off 3 times (do not start the car), then place the new key in the ignition and use it to start the car. It will be programmed automatically

azizbel
30

This 2012 LTZ Cruze is a Push to Start, no where to put the key.

azizbel
30

Thans for trying to help but my 2012 LTZ Cruze is a Push to Start, no where to put the key. Anyone out there has done it or does it have to be only done through the dealer

sna19
0

Thank you for the information. Does somebody know if it also works for Cruze 2009 LS? Thank you, Nikita

108,765

Sorry about that, that procedure is probably for the older Cruzes. I'm sure you will need to go to a dealer to get them to program it. Check with some local locksmiths, sometimes they have the equipment to do it as well.

Pawan Pandey
0

I need to buy remote key of chevrolet cruze ltz 2012 ?

shellylynn3
0

Programming with a Recognized Transmitter (Keyless Access Vehicles Only) A new transmitter can be programmed to the vehicle when there is one recognized transmitter. To program, the vehicle must be off and all of the transmitters, both currently recognized and new, must be with you. 1. Remove the plastic trim piece from the small storage area next to the accessory power outlet toward the front of the console, to access the transmitter slot. Push the button on the recognized transmitter to extend the key blade. Insert the key blade into the transmitter slot. 2. Insert the vehicle key of the new transmitter into the key lock cylinder on the outside of the driver door and turn the key to the unlock position five times within 10 seconds. The Driver Information Center (DIC) displays READY FOR REMOTE #2, 3, 4 or 5. 3. Remove the recognized key and place the new transmitter into the transmitter slot. 4. Press the ignition. When the transmitter is learned, the DIC will show that it is ready to program the next transmitter. 5. Remove the transmitter from the transmitter pocket and press K