how do I release Park brake

BenPoole
0

Asked by BenPoole Mar 11, 2013 at 03:19 PM about the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ

Park Brake will not release

The_Sheese
755

there should be a lever above the parking brake itself, pull it and it will release the brake,

judge_roy

pull and it will keep ratcheting tighter...twist to release. (if the same as toyota)

61,215

I was trying to find an answer and saw a lot of references to recalls and parking brake design problems.

Jason Zane
3,885

if it is like my buick, just push lightly down on the pedal and it will spring up; parking brake light will verify and turn off.

buzz49
10

you need to put a screw driver under the claw on the sprocket teeth or ratchet and push and pop up. make sure the pedal doesn't spring and hit you in the hand !!