what possible reasons for this alarm not functioning right?

Stott_A_1990
95

Asked by Stott_A_1990 Jul 20, 2014 at 07:57 PM about the 1999 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JX Convertible

With in the last week or 2 when I set my alarm it does not chirp the horn like it should also
when I intentionally set my alarm off it makes no sound at all just flashes the lights. What
could cause this and how do I fix it.

68,535

Possibly one of the ajar switches not made. Without all switches made the alarm will not set. Probably the hood or trunk switch. If the door switches were acting up your dome light would most likely stay lit or you would get a door ajar warning when driving.

Stott_A_1990
95

The alarm still sets, however it just does not make any sounds. I intentionally set my alarm off and the lights still flash on and off and the car goes through the anti theft motions it just does not sound the horn I do have a couple faulty door sensors but the lights still come on and off like normal.

Tom Hartley
635

Check horn relay, two small relays in fuse box drivers door. Top one is for security, bottom one is horn. If the horn pad on wheel quits working the horns won't work.

Best Answer
Stott_A_1990
95

This was the problem now I get to figure out how to replace it lol

Tom Hartley
635

Relay?

Stott_A_1990
95

Yes it is the relay

Tom Hartley
635

Any salvage yard in the dodge chrysler section, 1.00 entry and a pocket item, ebay, or local parts house

68,535

Glad you got it going. Drive safe.