2001 convertable top problem

DKBaker
0

Asked by DKBaker Aug 07, 2014 at 11:51 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible

within the past day couple days, the closing of the convertible top is slow and even stopped mid-way, until I reversed the processed for a moment, and then proceeded to close top (very slow....). is it a fuse, hydraulic fluid or motor problems? I couldn't find anything in that small owners manual.

jamnblues
9,065

it could be anything, but since it is still working, but slowly, something is just binding up or getting tired- lubricate the mechanism- and hope that it is not an old motor that needs replacing-

canalbreath
495

i would guess you have cracked line or a leak and are low on fluid. if you snap out the lower seat cusion, then remove the two nuts holding the center seat belt clips and remove the rear cushion you can lift the insulation and add fluid to the pump thru the little rubber stopper. there is a great video on youtube . it helped me to remove and repair the problem on my 99.

canalbreath
495

sorry forgot to add you will probably see off to one of the side panels after you remove the cushions some oil and debris on the steel. good place to look for a bad plastic hydraulic line or fitting.