ovr heated know have no power nothing going to the starter????????

Asked by parker6699 Jan 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM about the 2002 Chrysler 300M Special

i first smelled something burning it smelt like brakes on the semi in  front of me were locked up looked in my mirror and seen smoke and as soon as i looked at the temp gage just a split second it went from normal running temp to hooootttt...... i shut it off and rolled to the shoulder... now i try and start it and it dont crank it literaly sounds like an eletric motor when its starting.. its throwing 4 codes a evaporative emmissions(evap),, cooling fan relay 1 and 2 (control circut relay),, and a crank sensor.....anyone got an idea what im about to go throw to fix this?

It's hard to say with the info given, but it does sound like serious engine damage.

Joseph Anthony Gahol

if it overheats and you try to start it, it will cause serious damage to your pistons inside the engine because heat will cause it to explode...

sorry to say,your motor is shot,probley cooked all the bearings,melted a piston or 2 warped the heads,dont you just hate aluiminum engines,I do,get them hot 1 time,they toast,sorry for the bad news,

Joseph Anthony Gahol

it's time to get a new engine that's for sure...