Air conditioning does not get cold enough, freon is good, is there a problem with these

Asked by Joel Apr 28, 2007 at 01:38 AM about the 2002 Chrysler 300M Special

The air conditioning has been checked twice and no problems found but the air conditioning does not get cold, just slightly cool, what can I do to fix this problem

Dear Joel- I suspect that you are losing collant somewhere. The first thing I would look for is coolant leaking from the air-conditioning condensor. Sorry that I can't drive over to help you, but don't give up hope. Take it to a mechanic who specializes in AC work. Good luck from Bovan.

Possibly the system is overcharged, or undercharged. Other problems could be the a/c compressor is not cycling properly, or not at all . You could have a restriction in the system , preventing the refrigerant from circulating. The cooling fan could not be working ( either the fan , or the controller for the fan ), this is the fan that blows over the a/c condenser ( usually in front of the radiator ) to cool down the refrigerant as it circulates.

you need your system flushed and refilled properly, oil and freon i went to petro canada service center, they have the machine

I have same problem with the AC tried everything listed and none of them worked. replaced parts and so on and it still won't work........tried fuses, replaced the dash AC control switch, flushed system, It only works when do bypass the system so it must be electric, I have now added a toggle switch so the AC will be on all the time until it freezes over, then I have to shut it off and wait for it to thaw. The dealers can't even fix it.