How do you replace the front end ball joint on a 2008 Blazer?


Asked by johntoolman117 Feb 15, 2013 at 01:43 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Fleet 4WD

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

1 Answer


If the ball joint is in the tie rods they unscrew to replace and then you need a front end alignment. Upper and lower ball joints are easily removed with a ball joint press you might be able to rent or borrow from your local parts house. You will have to remove the wheel spindle to access the ball joints. If you change the lower ball joint on the right side, then do the upper as well. It's best to do them both while the spindle is off. This will eliminate doing this job twice for the same side.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Chevrolet TrailBlazer Questions

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Experts

#1 dandyoun
Reputation 350
#2 lightGear
Reputation 210
#2 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 210
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Toyota 4Runner"
247 Great Deals out of 9,441 listings starting at $2,500
Used Ford Explorer"
767 Great Deals out of 46,225 listings starting at $999
Used Mitsubishi Endeavor"
28 Great Deals out of 565 listings starting at $2,990

Used Cars For Sale

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer For Sale
11 Great Deals out of 468 listings starting at $2,000
2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer For Sale
16 Great Deals out of 416 listings starting at $2,500
2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer For Sale
12 Great Deals out of 563 listings starting at $3,495
2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer For Sale
26 Great Deals out of 609 listings starting at $2,999
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer For Sale
28 Great Deals out of 702 listings starting at $2,998