How do you replace the front end ball joint on a 2008 Blazer?

johntoolman117
0

Asked by johntoolman117 Feb 15, 2013 at 01:43 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Fleet 4WD

dynasg2009
865

If the ball joint is in the tie rods they unscrew to replace and then you need a front end alignment. Upper and lower ball joints are easily removed with a ball joint press you might be able to rent or borrow from your local parts house. You will have to remove the wheel spindle to access the ball joints. If you change the lower ball joint on the right side, then do the upper as well. It's best to do them both while the spindle is off. This will eliminate doing this job twice for the same side.