Have a 03 Odyssey while driving on fwy smelled something burning saw smoke from hood pulled over. Oil had sprayed all over drivers side and underneath van it had also lost all power any ideas?Thanks

RachieLou
0

Asked by RachieLou Jul 08, 2013 at 03:46 AM about the 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L

No water had mixed in with oil, it seemed like something had popped because it extended down the whole side of van and around the back. Could not visibly see anything from opening hood. Any help would be appreciated really need it thanks!

DavidH25

First check your oil. Make sure it is at the proper level, then start the car and see if it is still coming out somewhere. I have been looking at Honda owners forums, and some guys say that if the oil pressure drops below an acceptable psi, or even another switch for oil quantity it will shut off the engine, or put you in "limp mode" but I don't know for sure...just what I read on those forums. Anyway that may be why you lost power. If you can afford it, take it to a mechanic. But trust me on this one: I know what it's like to not have money to do that! Otherwise, after you fill to proper oil level just run it and look. Look at the filter, could have been punctured by a road hazard (wild guess) look everywhere. Spray some solvent on the engine and clean as well as possible..NO car wash pressure wash wand. That can get in to critical electronics. Just watch closely...see what you can. If you do see it coming out, take a picture if you can and come back and post it right here, or at least describe what you see in as much detail as possible and myself or one of the guys will me happy to advise you on what to do next. If you don't see anything and it holds oil, please let us know that also. And if it has power after you re fill oil.

You think this is helpful.