I have a2012 Honda Civic and the heater heats well sometimes and other times I don't seem to get much heat

vitaumland
0

Asked by vitaumland Feb 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM about the 2012 Honda Civic LX

Sometimes I will drive a short distance and I get plenty of heat . Other times I drive 20 min. or more and I don't seem to get much heat. I have tried to monitor when weather conditions are similar.

judge_roy

Coolant level is low. Thermostat is old. Tend to both these items, and report!

7jimmy7
9,505

whats the temp. guage say? you may have heat but the door in heater duct is not shifting to devert it

vitaumland
0

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately my car doesn't have a temperature gauge. The blue light goes off when the engine warms up.

judge_roy

at the very least, open the hood and fill the coolant half full with the green stuff, things may improve if the coolant level is correct. This could be done when you gas up and clean the windows~

Jason Hamilton
0

if you have a 2012 civic bring it in to your dealer it fully warrantied . I don't think its a coolant problem.

judge_roy

If you's gots no heat, sadly it IS a coolant problem.