Engine will not start

Citation
0

Asked by Citation Aug 15, 2011 at 09:51 PM about the 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

When I go to start the car, with my foot on the brake, I press the start switch, I hear the starter running but the engine will not start.  The engine does not fire at all. What could the problem be?

mikelawrence
75

The teeth on the starter flywheel could be broken, and therefore not able to engage the engine. The starter solenoid brings those gears together to start the engine, so it could be the solenoid. Good luck!

baba0013
75

Check the sensors - these cars are notorius for the sensor problems!!! I must've changed 5 of them since I got the car (2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL). Had the same problem, the car wont start, accelarate, engine won't start etc... all sensor related! I hope it helps!

mrwrench
0

My 2011 Nissan Altima is killing my battery, therefore car won't start. Third time with same problem. Please reply.

imamy21
30

It's your break pedal switch I had the exact same problem. There's a little black piece that's connected to your break pedal that will cause the car to not start when it goes bad I had to get my vehicle towed and before the tow truck could get out the dealer parking lot the car was fixed. They just switched out the piece it's covered under warranty

Robert Lavallee
965

If it was the brake pedal switch it would not turn over. It could be lots of things ( fuel, spark, sensors, ect.)