How do I turn my headlights off while the car is running on my 2012 CC?

CAPT_Jack
45

Asked by CAPT_Jack Nov 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM about the 2012 Volkswagen CC Luxury

I need to turn the lights off when I go through a security check point. Moving the light
switch from the Auto to the Off position turns off the dash lights but not the headlights.

papa

they are DRL=Day Time Running Lights,they cant be turned off,is a factory safty feature.

CAPT_Jack
45

I understand the DRL. What I was talking about was the actual headlights that come on from dusk to dawn. Thanks for the quick response though.

papa

OK,they cant be turned off manually eather,they work off a sensor,security check point guys need to have a vehicle manual.

daveojunk
45

The dusk to dawn feature can be turned off via the headlight switch (unless this has changed for the 2012 models), but the headlights will remain on. As stated previoulsy this is the DRL. What turns off are the taillights and the front parking lights. To get a little more involved you can purchase a 3rd party tool which can shut off the DRL's via the ODBII port. It's called Vag-com - a cable and software. There used to be a site in which you can find a local owner of a vag-com.

papa

sorry,no it cant,you dont even turn the headlight switch on for them to come on,

daveojunk
45

papa: Are you saying in 2012 models there is no longer an 'Auto' position on the headlight switch?

papa

Correct,once they come on you cant manually turn them off.

Wally Urquiza
10

this sucks man... but i think ii can do mickey mouse job with the fuses and pull a wire out witha swith on it. that is the only way, i also notice that whan i turn on the parking break the lights go off may i have something there too.

Patrick Davis
15

i think you can bairly put the manual ebrake on really quick just enough to have the break sign come on in the dash, in a lot of the vw's the drl go off if you have the ebrake engaged. try that just to get through that check point.

dedell
275

Some speed shop will have a via-com they mite. b able to do this for you. Or they mite b able to switch them like the Audy put drl on the fog lite.If you ply with the fuse you will end-up at the dealer for comp. reset I tried to reset the lite on jetta n had to go to the dealer for reset.

chrisd13
10

this is old but.... the only way to turn the headlights off is to use the parking brake, unfortunate Ly for us cc owners its an electric brake and its either all the way on or all the way off. it is also possible to go to a shop that specializes in vw and they can turn off the function through the computer. i had to do that so i didn't have my after market hid running all day.