2005 Chrysler Sebring Whistling...

qstcarter34
0

Asked by qstcarter34 Jul 26, 2011 at 09:49 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring

My Sebring has 72000 miles on her & I've noticed that when I accelerate, I can hear a whistling
sound, as if I have a turbo charger installed on the engine...2.7l V6  .24 valve.  There are no
evident problems with the engine, she has a strong acceleration and the tranny shifts great...Just
wanna know if this is an underlying problem that I can catch early on.

bsigns2la
10

I am currently havnig that problem as well. I have a 2000 jxi. I brought it in, and a machnic did a "quick fix", it didnt' last long, sound is back again. He said it is the intake valve is coming loose. He put a clamp on it, and the sound went away. It could be the same thing. I'm bringing it back in to tell him the clamp didnt work, but its just a thought for you.

SnglGrma
165

I have a 1997 JXI... (I know, two different cars ...but...) you know, I heard that whistling sound too... right before my wheel hub assembly needed replacing...The next thing I heard was Thumping... She is in the shop now, and the Mechanics are telling me they are not hearing it no more. But if I do, I will post again.... Gould be the same thing???