transmission high rpm in cruise

liteship
0

Asked by liteship Sep 04, 2011 at 09:48 PM about the 2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4WD

I have just bought a new 2011 grand vitara 4 cyl for towing behind my motorhome. Towing
works great but i was stunned at the lousy milage under 20mpg on the hyway. What caught
my attention that i didnt during the presale was that at 60mph or 100kph that my rpm was
almost 3000 and in fact even at 80kph i was still at 2300. I have never seen a vehicle
especially a 4 cyl that doesnt kick down to 2000 or under in overdrive, thus the fuel
consumption.A friend of mine has 2010 with a 6 cyl with better milage. ??does anyone else
have same experience .

Liteship

Jacob Kauffman
25

well we had an 02 with the v6 that got about the same 19/20, unfortunatly with with the wieght of the vehicle the 4 cylinder does have to work a little harder to keep with the high speeds. i had noticed that most of new suzuki vehicles all run about the same mpg. between 19/33mpg (city/highway) which the g.v. is rated 19/25. the equator which runs around 14/20. although those are estimated mpgs and are normally close but not exact. its interesting to find out that the 2011 doesnt even off a v6 version. i dont know it yours comes with an overdrive button or power/regular button for the transmission but if so hopefully the overdrive is on and the power is off and regular is on. unfortunatly also pretty much any suv is going to be around that mpg range.